Cygwin Free Download Setup for the latest version for Windows. This is Cygwin’s complete offline installer standalone setup for 32-bit and 64-bit.
Overview of Cygwin
Cygwin is a very useful software that you can use to install certain tools and libraries. This makes the desktop environment look like Linux on Windows OS. This software actually acts like an emulator that can run Linux apps on Microsoft Windows. It was developed to allow professionals and programmers to use Linux apps on Microsoft Windows. For example, you can run KDE, GNOME, and Apache on Microsoft Windows.
This software contains certain components. There is a component DLL that provides POSIX API functionality and gives a Unix feel on Windows computers. The software itself is very complex, so the installation is also very complex. There are some interventions that users need. There are also other components such as terminals, text utilities, shells, servers, and other utilities. Overall, this software is one useful part for people facing compatibility issues between Linux apps and Microsoft Windows. And the most unique fact of this software is that developers don’t have to make major changes to their code, but some tweaks and additions work fine.
Below are some notable features to experience after a free download of Cygwin.
- Convenient software for running Linux apps on Windows.
- There are many useful tools for changing the environment like Linux.
- There are many components that provide functionality to other apps.
- Complex yet useful software for programmers.
- It also adds terminals, text utilities, shells, and server components.
Cygwin technical setup details
- Full name of the software: Cygwin
- Setup file name: Cygwin.rar
- Full setup size: 1.4 MB
- Setup type: Offline installer / Complete standalone setup
- Compatibility architecture: 32-bit (x86) / 64-bit (x64)
- The latest version has been released: September 25, 2015
- License: Free Trail
- Developer: Cygwin homepage
Cygwin system requirements
Before you start the free Cygwin download, make sure your PC meets the minimum system requirements.
- Operating system: Windows XP / Vista / 7/8
- Memory (RAM): 512MB
- Hard disk capacity: 50MB
- Processor: Intel Pentium III or later
Cygwin free download
Click the button below to start the free download of Cygwin. This is Cygwin’s complete offline installer and standalone setup. It is compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit windows.